I´m planning to help a friend with his PC where one HDD died. On every boot FastTrak S150 SX4 complains about the failed RAID 1 array. Unfortunately there is not much time for me to change the disc thus I want be prepared what I have to expect.
The disc which failed is on Channel one. I will change it with the same product (Western Digital WD5003ABYX RE4 500GB). My questions are:
- After Power OFF > change disc > Power ON
- will the raid system automatically start to rebuild the new disc or
- do I have to enter the GUI (ctrl+F) to rebuild the array or
- do I have to use the windows PAM GUI to force a rebuild?
- do I have to format the new HDD,
- or will fasttrak format it or
- is it correctly formated from the factory.