27 April 2018
- Last edited 27 April 2018
I'm experiencing exactly the same problem.
Installed macOS update to High Sierra 10.13.4 on return from vacation.
On restarting iMac (Retina 5K, 4Ghz Intel Core17), Pegasus Promise failed to mount, power button illuminated ORANGE, will not power down, or respond.
Have installed Promise Utility 'R_Promise_Utility_402000010', allowed extension under Security & Privacy and rebooted. Still not mounting and nothing showing in Promise Utility either.
Have submitted issue to Support Center and awaiting response but meanwhile, all my work and data is inaccessible. Uncertain how to proceed.
Any help or advice gratefully received.
Since writing the above, I found and followed this advice:
- Shutdown the pegasus using the power button
- If it's not working unplug the power cable
- Mark and Remove all the drives from the unit
- Turn ON the unit without the drives
- Open Promise Utility
- Click subsystem information icon on the top of the window
- Click the lock symbol on the left bottom corner of the screen to unlock the utility
- Click on save service report button to save the subsystem report.
However, having powered down the iMac, removed power cable and drives then rebooted the Mac, the unit would not power up at all, either automatically or by depressing the power button.
All connections have been checked, alternate thunderbolt ports tried at both ends, rebooted several times, with and without drives replaced always in the correct order but the unit is showing no sign of power. I am therefore unable either to use the Promise Utility or generate a service report.
A follow up question, if the fault is with the unit itself, can I purchase a replacement 4 bay unit and insert the four drives from this faulty one?
Again, thank you in anticipation.