- Purchase 2 Apollo Cloud 2 DUOs
- Set up DUOs with RAID 1 and mirrored to each other
- Create 2 users
- Move 1 DUO to my office
- Keep 1 DUO in my home
- Use office DUO for Time Machine backups of the office Macs (5 Macs)
- Use home DUO for Time Machine backups of my home's Macs (2 Macs)
- All Time Machine backups sync'd to both DUOs (in background)
Is the above use case supported?
Can multiple Macs in 2 locations each backup using Time Machine at the same time? That is, can each Mac specify the DUO on the local subnet as a Time Machine backup?
Will the Time Machine backups be fast since each Mac is backing up files to the DUO on the Macs subnet?
Can I restore an office Mac Time Machine backup to a Mac in my home using the DUO in my home?
I'm looking for a Time Machine backup system that can be used onsite and remotely backed up so if my home has been destroyed (by fire?), I can safely restore the Macs that were destroyed from the backups on the DUO in my office, and vice versa... I need a disaster recovery plan that will work once set up and be reliable to restore all data in the unlikely case of a disaster in one location and not the other.