Make Pegasus R4 accessible in the network using Sanlink 2

• Last Post 18 January 2019
Fernando Peixoto posted this 26 July 2017

Hello all:

Pegasus2 R4 can be shown as Network Volume whith the using of Sanlink 2 10GB SFP+? Is it visible on the network or its only for thunderbolt protocol?

Many thanks

Fernando Peixoto

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
Matteo Mazzetti posted this 18 January 2019

Ok thanks 

P B posted this 18 January 2019

Please refer to the following section from the main KB article SANLink Workflow Use Cases I wrote for more information: 

• Liked by
  • Matteo Mazzetti

Thanks for the answer ... I know it's optional and so even I just share the volume to see it in the client .... but I thought that doing some configuration and setup to the SANlink could also be used to assign an "ethernet network card "to the NAS in such a way as to see it in the Clients with an IP address different from the server and also to the server turned off

With the diagram I posted I could technically use the NAS from the server via Thunderbolt but at the same time use the same NAS at server off by ethernet. If it is not possible better this way ... it costs me less ;-)

P B posted this 18 January 2019

The 10Gb adapter is optional, it's not required. (The diagram you posted above states 10G switch is optional) 

You can reshare your the volume located on your Pegasus through the built-in 1Gb ports of the Mac Pro. The image above is only illustrating in the event you would like to reshare the volume over 10Gb by leveraging our 10Gb SANLink2 Thunderbolt series.

It's not stating it's a requirement.

I don’t have undestand why need to connect SANlink to MacPro .... if i have Pegasus2 connected to MacPro and MacPro at my network connected by Ethernet connection ..... yes i can see Pegasus2 in a network with Shared metod ...... But SANlink don’t need ........ why in the image connect SANlink to MacPro ????

Is more beautifull connect SANlink to Pegasus2 for take it one IP adress different to MacPro for a client in the network but for MacPro server use Pegasus2 with DAS by thunderbolt cable

See sample image

is possibile?

Fernando Peixoto posted this 26 July 2017

Thank you very much Dev, for detailed and quick info.

Regards

Fernando

Devendra Kumar posted this 26 July 2017

Hi Fernando,

Pegasus2 R4 unit is DAS (Direct Attached Storage). Yes, It is possible. Please find the attached Image file and also you can share the volume through SMB or AFP in the MAC OS. Please find the below KB Article.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204445

Regards

Dev

Close