15 December 2017
You need to insert all the drives into Pegasus unit and create a logical drive then it can be formatted through Promise utility or disk utility.
To format your logical drives using the computer’s disk utility:
1.Click the Go menu and choose Utilities from the dropdown list.
2. Double-click the Disk Utility icon to open the utility.
3. In the drive list, highlight the logical drive you want to format and click the Partition button.
4. Make your Volume Scheme, Volume Information, and Options settings and click the Apply button.
For Macintosh computers, the default GPT Format partition and the default Journaled HFS+ format are recommended.
5. In the Confirmation dialog box, click the Partition button.
When the disk utility has finished the partition and format operation, new removable-drive icons, each representing one logical drive will appear on your desktop.
Your logical drives are ready to use.
To format your logical drives using the PROMISE Utility with your own settings:
1. In the Logical Drive list, mouse-over the logical drive you want to format, and click the Format
2. Supply information as required:
• Optional: Type a different name into the Volume Name field.
• Choose a partition from the Partition Type dropdown menu.
• Choose a format type from the Format Type dropdown menu.
• For Macintosh computers, the default GPT Format partition and the default
• Journaled HFS+ format are recommended.
3. Click the Format button.