Webpam died on Fasttrack TX4650

• Last Post 08 October 2020
Ronny Buelund posted this 08 October 2020

All of a sudden I cannot log in to my Webpam interface anymore. Firefox said that the TLS protocol is not supported anymore. If I ignore that message I just get a folder view of the Webpam files, but no controlpanel ?? What to do ??

I would actually love to upgrade the controller to a newer one - but I have 4 discs connected with much data. 3 aas RAID5 and one as spare - and I would hate to have to restore from a backup. Is it in anyway possible to move the harddiscs to a newer promise controller ?? And in that case which would be compatible and how would I do that without lossing data ?

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
R P posted this 08 October 2020

Hi Ronny,

This is a browser issue, modern browsers no longer support TLS 1.0 or TLS1.1. Firefox dropped support for these protocols in March 2020 as near as I can tell. Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, & Safari have also dropped support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1. These protocols are insecure for connecting to the internet, but that's not a problem connecting to a local resource like WebPAM.

It's a bit of a problem, but it's not an issue with the Fasttrack or the RAID. Your LUN should be online and functional.

Workarounds?

1. As near as I can tell from the product manual, auto-rebuild is enabled by default, so you can also manage from the BIOS level Fastbuild Utility (which you can enter when booting). You can use it to find a failed drive, replacing it should start an auto-rebuild. You can also create and delete LUNs.

2. Download an older browser that supports TLS 1.0 and use it only for managing the storage. If Firefox is your default browser, Chromium is the only choice where you can download an older version. The lookup process is rather bizarre...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/54927496/how-to-download-older-versions-of-chrome-from-a-google-official-site

But this should be the page to download Chromium v69.0.3497.81, which should allow you to enable TLS1.0 or TLS1.1.

https://commondatastorage.googleapis.com/chromium-browser-snapshots/index.html?prefix=Win_x64/576753/

This is the build for 64 bit Windows.

And if you have any important data, please back it up (this applies no matter what your storage). You can buy a 2TB or 5TB USB drive cheap at Costco today, and you can also buy them from most other retailers (Amazon, Newegg, Walmart, etc...). They are prefect for backing up data.

Ronny Buelund posted this 08 October 2020

I HAVE backup ! BUT I would rather not have to use it - because I still would need to setup different things on my computer again. Is it, as I also asked, possible to attach the discs to a newer compatible controller and still preserve the data on the discs or would the only way be to build a new array and copy from my backup ?

R P posted this 08 October 2020

Hi Ronnie,

I have never done compatibility testing with a Fastrak. The RAID may or may not be recognized by a later Promise storage device. The only consideration is the DDF format (how the RAID information is stored on disk). If the DDF format was changed, it may not be readable by newer devices.

Sorry there is no better answer.

Close