Unexpected ejection Mac Studio w/pegasus 2

• Last Post 22 August 2022
Christopher Reordan posted this 20 August 2022

I recently experienced a large number of these "unexpected ejection" notices on my Mac Studia/Pegasus 2R6.  I followed the insturctions to remedy the situation to include enabling system extensions by setting the computer to reduced security.  I found this rather alaming and would like to know if I can reset the system back to 'normal operation' after installing the pegasus driver.

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
Gautham Sakthi posted this 22 August 2022

Hi Christopher,

Here is the latest driver for the Pegasus which does not require you to reduce the security level,

https://www.promise.com/DownloadFile.aspx?DownloadFileUID=6902

If you still have issues with the new driver , I would suggest to create a support case from support.promise.com so we can check and assist you further.

R P posted this 22 August 2022

Hi Christopher,

Re-using a comment to a different thread, the fix is the same...

----

When the M1 macs came out the Pegasus 2 was indeed tested, I know as I tested with the Pegasus 2 myself.

But some investigation has revealed that if the Pegasus has old firmware, like 5.04.0000.17 (FCS release), the Pegasus 2 won't mount on either an Intel or M1 MAC running Monterey. This firmware is from 2013. But when I attached my Pegasus 2 to Catalina it mounted fine. So my testing had obviously been done with the latest firmware.

If the latest Pegasus 2 firmware is loaded (5.04.0000.64) the Pegasus2 will mount on both the M1 (with both the kext and user space driver) and the Intel Monterey. It can be slow to mount, I did not time it, but it might take a minute, then it works fine and can be managed with the latest Pegasus32 Utility.

Since the Pegasus 2 with old firmware won't be recognized by an M1 MAC, a firmware update will have to be done from an older MAC. I used a Catalina MAC Mini, but Big Sur will probably work as well.

----

If you are getting unexpected disconnects, it would not be a good idea to update the firmware from that MAC.

Close