Transfer Data

• Last Post 09 July 2018
Anass DABAJ posted this 09 July 2018

Hello everyone,

Please, I need you for a problem that I met, I'm a trainee in a company, we have a Synology to store personal data, but we just bought a Promise Technology a VESS R2600ti, we just asked to transfer the data Synology to the new Promise, I spend 3 days to search but I do not find how I can do this data transfer, someone can help me please, I'm blocked

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
Devendra Kumar posted this 09 July 2018

Hi Anass,

Did you configure the Vessraid unit? if yes then you can simply mount the volume to the host and move the data to it.

Please find the below Manual
https://promise.com/DownloadFile.aspx?DownloadFileUID=1706

Regards

Dev

Richard Oettinger posted this 09 July 2018

You have to mount the Synology and Vess NAS shares on a Windows or Mac, then simply copy the data between the two volumes with Explorer or FInder - or you could use one of many apps available to do the copy for you that have file compare to ensure data integrity...

and if I want to use Synology to back up the data on the Promise, is there a way to set up a daily backup from Promise to Synology please?

Regards

you havent told us if you are using a PC or Mac - but you need an app to do it like ChronoSync.

Thank you for your reply and your help

There is a Mac server that is plugged directly into the Promise, and employees connect to the server to save their data on the Promise.
And I want to make backups of the Promise  on Synology

If you get another Vess they can replicate to each other on a schedule...

I want to backup my Promise Vess to a Synology

P B posted this 09 July 2018

Another solution aside from ChronoSync or replicating to another Vess, check out Archiware:

You can get a trial license as well:

There are other applications out there:

• Liked by
  • Pradeep Chidambaranath
Close