Thunderbolt 3 Driver Install Crashes Mac Mini

• Last Post 14 January 2019
Patrick Bacon posted this 11 January 2019

Tried to install the recommended thunderbolt 3 driver twice and both times my mac mini 2018, Mojave 10.14.2, crashed. No warnings...just rebooted. Not sure if I even need this but anyone else having this problem?

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
arunkumar b posted this 12 January 2019

Hi Patrick,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. 

Are you trying to install thunderbolt software or Pegasus3 series driver for mac.Pegasus3 will require Pegasus3 series driver for mac

Regards

Arun

Patrick Bacon posted this 12 January 2019

The Pegasus3 driver is causing the crash. The utility software installd just fine. Using the enclosure now without the driver installed and getting approx 500 MB/s read/write (tested with Black Magic Disk Speed Test). I have another Thunderbolt 3 enclosure with a software raid 4 (4 1TB SSDs) getting approx 300 MB/s write and 1100 MB/s read. Both enclosures are using a 0.5 m 40 GB/s cable daisy chained with the Pegasus3 connected to the mini. 

arunkumar b posted this 14 January 2019

Hi Patrick,

Pegasus3 should require driver.Please open a support case in https://support.promise.com and attach the following reports to investigate this issue

1.Mac system report:

Click Apple Icon > About this Mac > More info > System Report > Choose 'File' & 'Save'

2.Subsystem report :

1) Open Promise Utility.

2) Click subsystem information icon on the top of the window.

3) Click the lock symbol on the left bottom corner of the screen to unlock the utility.

4) Click on save service report button to save the subsystem report and attach it to this case.

Regards

Arun

Close