SmartStor NS4600 can not boot

• Last Post 12 June 2019
Leonid Stabrovski posted this 11 June 2019

Sorry for english. Translates from Russian car.

Hello!

I purchased the Promise SmartStor NS4600 (TLA: 0G000201 S / N: IG009B113298) and registered on the Promise Technical Support website on May 30, 2011.

I used it as a repository of my photo and video array on four disks of 2 Tb and included it several times a month.

Until 2016, the device worked without problems for me.

Then sometimes I could not start it. And since 2018, the NS4600 has stopped running.

The seller was unable to repair the NS4600.

I tried to solve the problem on my own.

If you remove the network chip IC + ip1001 lp - the device starts. I replaced the IC + ip1001 lp. Inserted discs. NS4600 stopped running.

Again, replaced IC + ip1001 lp and two APW 7120. (APW 7120 were very hot).

Inserted discs. The NS4600 started up and after two hours gave a ready signal. But SmartNAVI could not determine ip SmartStor NS4600. The scanner also did not find the IP.

I decided to turn off the NS4600. But the NS4600 didn't turn off. I pressed the rezet. The NS4600 has shut down and no longer turns on.

Can you somehow help (suggest) what you need to look to repair the NS4600?

Thank you in advance!

Leonid.

Здравствуйте!

Я купил Promise SmartStor NS4600 (TLA:0G000201 S/N:IG009B113298) и зарегистрировался на сайте Promise Technical Support 30.05.2011года.

Я использовал его как хранилище своего фото и видео массива на четырёх дисках по 2 Tb и включал его несколько раз в месяц.

До 2016 года устройство работало у меня без проблем.

Потом я иногда не мог запустить его. А с 2018 года NS4600 перестал запускаться.

Продавец не смог отремонтировать NS4600.

Я попытался решить задачу самостоятельно.

Если снять сетевую микросхему IC+  ip1001 lp – устройство запускается. Я заменил IC+  ip1001 lp. Вставил диски. NS4600 перестал запускаться.

Опять заменили IC+  ip1001 lp и два APW 7120. (APW 7120 были очень горячие).

Вставил диски. NS4600 запустился и часа чрез два подал сигнал готовности. Но SmartNAVI не смогла  определить ip SmartStor NS4600. Сканер тоже не нашёл IP.

Я решил выключить NS4600. Но NS4600 не выключалось. Я нажал резет. NS4600 выключился и больше не включается.

Можете ли вы как то помочь (подсказать) что нужно посмотреть, чтобы отремонтировать NS4600?

Заранее благодарю!

Леонид.

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
PROMISE Technology Inc. posted this 11 June 2019

Hi Leonid,

I am sorry to inform you that the NS4600 is long out of production and is no longer supported. 

Your best bet for recovery would be to find a used NS4600 on Ebay or elsewhere.

I will run this through google translate to Russian...

----

Привет Леонид,

С сожалением сообщаю, что NS4600 давно снят с производства и больше не поддерживается.

Лучшим вариантом для восстановления будет поиск подержанного NS4600 на Ebay или в другом месте

Я буду запускать это через Google Translate ...

Leonid Stabrovski posted this 12 June 2019

Sorry for english. Translates from Russian car.

Hi, PROMISE Technology Inc.

Very disappointed with your answer.

I still have not had a single device that would not have worked for 10 years. Your promise (“PROMISE”) did not fulfill even seven years in a very easy mode. This is very bad.

You offer me to throw in a landfill 2kg. plastic and harmful solder on the board of your product instead of helping me replace 0.001 kg of chips with new ones.

How does this compare to the statement of PROMISE Technology Inc. : “In 2005, we showed concern for the environment by obtaining an ISO 14001 certificate, by committing ourselves to minimize environmental impact.”?

I will never buy another PROMISE again. And I tell my friends not to buy PROMISE ever.

I ask you to:

Option 1. Help with repairs.

Or

Option 2. Give the address. I will send you (in your country) this garbage for recycling.

Привет, PROMISE Technology Inc.

Очень разочарован Вашим ответом.

У меня до сих пор не было ни одного устройства, которое бы не отработало 10 лет. Ваше обещание («PROMISE») не отработало и семи лет в очень лёгком режиме. Это очень плохо.

Вы предлагаете мне выбросить на свалку 2кг. пластика и вредного припоя на плате вашего изделия вместо того, чтобы помочь мне заменить 0,001 кг микросхем на новые.

Как это соотносится с заявлением PROMISE Technology Inc. : «В 2005 году мы проявили заботу об окружающей среде, получив сертификат ISO 14001, взяв на себя обязательство минимизировать воздействие на окружающую среду.»?

Покупать другой PROMISE я не буду больше никогда. И друзьям своим скажу не покупать PROMISE никогда.  

Прошу Вас:

Вариант 1.  Помогите с ремонтом.

Или

Вариант 2. Дайте адрес. Я отправлю Вам (в вашу страну) этот мусор на утилизацию.

Close