Pegasus3 Not Recognized on 2016 Razer Blade

• Last Post 06 March 2022
Robert Otal posted this 04 March 2022

Good evening,

I have been having an issue now for sometime whereby my Pegasus3 does not seem to be recognized by my Windows laptop - a 2016 Razer Blade with Thunderbolt3 port.

When I plug the Pegasus3 in, the hard drive lights all go blue, and the power button also goes blue, but there is no blue light on the Thunderbolt icon. On my computer, if I attempt to open the Pegasus Utility software, it will say "Device Not Found".

My Pegasus3 works just fine on my Mac (using a Thunderbolt 2-to-3 adapter) but my Razer Blade laptop with an actual Thunderbolt3 port won't recognize it. I've had this problem now for sometime and I wanted to ask you what I can do to resolve this?

On your website, I do see a number of drivers and software but it is all for MacOS - are Windows laptop even supported by Pegasus3? I thought they were?

Thanks

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
Gautham Sakthi posted this 04 March 2022

Hello Robert,

Please try the below driver,

https://www.promise.com/DownloadFile.aspx?DownloadFileUID=6745

Robert Otal posted this 06 March 2022

Thanks Gautham.

I did try the driver, and I still got the same result - the unit itself had blue lights on the hard drives, and a blue power light, but no light on the thunderbolt icon. I also did not see the drive on my Windows Explorer. When launching Pegasus Utility, usually it won't even launch and just prompt me with the "Device Not Found!" message - this time the application did open but I still recieved the ame "Device Not Found!" message.

Are there any other options I could perform? I also could not find an up-to-date copy of Pegasus Utility - is there a more updated copy that is available for Windows 10?

Thanks

Rob

Close