my trusty Pegasus R6 decided today not to connect via Thunderbolt anymore. The blue Thunderbolt arrows in the front of the enclosure no longer light up, and the enclosure is no longer visible to the computer. Thunderbolt passthrough to other devices also does not work anymore.
The power button lights blue, and the drive lights also light up blue.
- Shutdown / Restart of MacBook
- Shutdown / Restart of Pegasus
- Unplug Pegasus for period of time
- Different Thunderbolt cable
- Different MacBook
Another Pegasus R6 that I have works fine with both computers. My questions are:
- Anyone else experience this?
- Any one else able to fix this, if so, how?
- And - can I simply remove the disks from the dead R6 and put them in another enclosure to access my data, or are there more complex steps involved? (I'm reasonably comfortable with promiseutil)
Any hints much appreciated...