Pegasus 32 R8 112TB - Slow Read Speeds via Thunderbolt 3

• Last Post 10 February 2021
Eric Wise posted this 23 December 2020

Hi,

The read speeds on my Pegasus 32 R8 are much slower than write speeds. (WRITE: 1407 MB/sec - READ: 506 MB/Sec). The R8 is formatted RAID 5, so that gives it a capacity of 98TB and I have roughly 20TB free. Also, I made sure to set the cache in the Logical Drive to ReadAhead/WriteBack in the Promise Utility but the read speeds are still much slower than the write speeds. Any ideas?

Eric

MacPro (2019)

2.7 Ghz 24-Core Intel Xeon W

192 GB RAM

MacOS 10.15.7

Promise Utility 4.04.0000.42 (C05)

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
Gautham Sakthi posted this 23 December 2020

Hi Eric,

If there is any error with the drive it can cause a performance issue, did you get any alerts/events information for any drives recently?

It will easier for us to troubleshoot if we can have a case registered so please visit support.promise.com then create a web support ticket, attach a subsystem report to the case so we can investigate further.

Eric Wise posted this 30 December 2020

No, I did not receive any get any alerts/events information for any drives recently. Ok, I'll set up a support ticket now. Thanks.

david willis posted this 10 February 2021

No, I did not receive any get any alerts/events information for any drives recently. Ok, I'll set up a support ticket now. Thanks.

Did you ever find a solution to this?  I also have the R8 in Raid 5 with no error messages and it was working at the expected write/read until recently the read dropped to around 550 MB/s.

Should note that I'm on Windows 10

Close