Pegasus 32 R4 on Windows 10

• Last Post 20 January 2020
Eric Lane posted this 18 January 2020

I recently purchased the Pegasus 32 R4. I intend to use it with my Windows machine but once I set everything up and connected power and thunderbolt, my computer has not recognized the system.

Upon running the Pegasus utility, the device is found but I'm not seeing the drive in explorer. 

The first time I connected it to my machine I did get a pop-up asking if I wished to reformat the drive. I canceled that as it was a windows message and I figured I'd be able to properly access and reformat the system within the Pegasus Utility. 

When in the Wizard from the Pegasus Utility, I see all options for configuration, but all of them are greyed out as shown in the uploaded screenshot.

Do I simply need to go to my disk management utility and reformat the entire system to NTFS? Please let me know if I'm missing something. 

Thanks

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
Ranjith kumar posted this 20 January 2020

Hi Eric,

Could you check with shutdown the unit,remove all drives one by one, just half of inch from slot and then power on the unit.

Once power light status turn blue, then insert all drives one by one and verify under the physical drive tabs of the Promise utility, all drives are getting detect or not. Also see volume getting mount or not. If still not, then kindly get the subsystem report and create a web support case at support.promise.com where you can attach the report.

Steps to save the subsystem report:

- Open promise utility
- Click subsystem information icon on the top of the Promise Utility window
- Click the lock symbol on the left bottom corner of the screen to unlock the utility
- Click on save service report button to save the subsystem report

Regards,

Promise Team

R P posted this 20 January 2020

Hi Eric,

The Pegasus comes preformatted with hfs+, you will need to reformat with nfts.

The simplest way to do this is to unplug the TB cable and plug it back in, when it asks for reformat, say yes.

Otherwise you can use the Disk Management console for the same purpose, there is no default way to open the Disk Management console as Microsost has moved it with different Windows releases, but in Windows 8.1 and 10 you will see if if you right click on the windows icon in the lower left.

The Promise Utility will allow you to create arrays, LUNs, take a service report and otherwise manage the Pegasus, buy it knows nothing about filesystems and you'll need to use the WIndows or MAC OS to create or manage a filesystem.

Close