Pegasus 3 and Thunderbolt 3 - frequent disconnections

• Last Post 30 April 2020
Niels Provos posted this 20 December 2019

The storage array disconnects frequently from my Windows PC. Just touching the cable or walking in the office leads to disconnections. Have others encountered this as well?

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
Ranjith kumar posted this 20 December 2019

Hi Niels,

-Have you checked with swapping the Thunderbolt cable at different port of Pegasus3 and Windows PC.

-Check with different Thunderbolt cable also if still have an issue after swapping the cable.

Please reach us through support.promise.com by creating a web support case for quick response.

Regards,

Promise Team

Niels Provos posted this 21 December 2019

Yes. I have tried different cables and different ports. My last experiment was using the Apple Thunderbolt cable which supposedly is the highest quality one. This would send the unit into a repeating power cycle, e.g. it would power up, all drives would show a quick red led in addition to the blue one, and then it would start over again.

At this point, I am honestly looking into ditching Promise and instead am considering going with a 10GBe NAS. Thunderbolt is just not a professional connector. That said, I will file a support ticket. Thank you.

Jeremy Pollock posted this 03 April 2020

The storage array disconnects frequently from my Windows PC. Just touching the cable or walking in the office leads to disconnections. Have others encountered this as well?

I have the exact same problem. It comes and goes which is the strangest thing. Currently I've getting disconnected about once a day, but I've been problem free for about 6 months. Why would it start back up again when nothing has changed?

Brad Neff posted this 14 April 2020

Exact same problem I've had for 2 years off and on.   Mine is Pegasus 2 using Thunderbolt.   I am also looking into Promise alternatives.    Support is terrible.

Jeremy Pollock posted this 30 April 2020

I'm having the exact same problem right now.

Close