Pegasus 2 R8 All drives showing up dead/offline after unmounting them for dust removal

  • 88 Views
  • Last Post 08 December 2018
Joao Paulo Jacobsen posted this 08 December 2018

Hi, 

My name is JP, this morning I removed all my eight Seagate Barracuda 3000GB drives to spray some air on them in order to remove dust. They were all working perfectly before I did this.

After I mounted them all back in the Pegasus R8 and restarted the R8 they are all showing up with a red light. On the utility (already updated to the latest version) system status they all show up as Dead/Offline. On the physical drive list they show up as Dead :/ - All my photos are in them, over 10 years of work. I am very worried. 

It seems to me that I probably skipped a step after mounting back in and turning the R8 back on. 

Is there any steps I should follow to solve this challenge? 

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
Ranjith kumar posted this 08 December 2018

Hi JP,

We need subsystem report to find the exact issue in your Pegasus R8. Could you visit support.promise.com and create a web support case for this issue.In that case id kindly attach the subsystem report, please follow below steps to get report.

- Open promise utility

- Click subsystem information icon on the top of the Promise Utility window

- Click the lock symbol on the left bottom corner of the screen to unlock the utility

- Click on save service report button to save the subsystem report and attach it to this case.

 

Below is the Promise KB link to know how to attach files to the web support case:

http://kb.promise.com/thread/how-to-attach-files-to-your-web-case/

Note: If you are unable reply to this web support case, it could be a issue with the pop up blocker on your browser. 

Please disable the pop up blocker and try to click on the case ID to open.

 

Regards,

Ranjith

 

Joao Paulo Jacobsen posted this 08 December 2018

Thanks for the super fast response. For some reason the promiso forum tells me that the .html that I export out of Promise Utility is "file extension format not allowed".

As an alternative I uploaded the subsystem information html file to my dropbox. Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rq5g7qt2sihtpi2/subsysteminfo.html?dl=0

Please let me know how to proceed. 

Much appreciated, 

JP

 

 

Ranjith kumar posted this 08 December 2018

Hi JP,

I have verified the report, found that all drives are dead due to removal and also found that this unit is running older firmware which

need to be update incrementally. Since all drives are dead, there will be possibility of data loss, but we can try with forcing online on drives.

Could you let me know your registered email  id at support.promise.com to create web support case and help you on this issue or create a support case from your end.

Regards,

Ranjith

 

 

Joao Paulo Jacobsen posted this 08 December 2018

This is weird since I removed them with the hard drive turned off. I believe that you will be able to fix taking these steps you suggested. 

I just registered my e-mail as joaopaulojacobsen@mac.com. 

Please let me know what the next steps are. 

Thankfully, 

JP

Ranjith kumar posted this 08 December 2018

Hi JP,

Kindly refer this case id-20181208121040S at support.promise.com and click web support, then view existing case and update the needed details on same case id.

Regards,

Ranjith

 

Joao Paulo Jacobsen posted this 08 December 2018

Fantastic. I was able to access the web support and send a message through there. 

I will be on hold for future instructions. 

Joao Paulo Jacobsen posted this 08 December 2018

Ranjith kumar just gave me the best customer support I've ever got. For real, trough promise Teamviewer platform he helped me all the way and my Promise 2 R8 is back again with all files intact. If you got to this thread with the same problem I had I wish you are lucky as I was to get Ranjith to help you out. Thanks, Promise for the awesome customer support! 

 

Close