I have a PROMISE Pegasus 3 R6 with factory set RAID 5. I would like to migrate the Time Machine on to it. Before I do that I am wondering If creating separate partition/s would be way to go? I have a few question regarding this.
• Is it a good idea? Is it recomended? I have to mention that I already have data on logic drive.
• Are there any perforamnce penalties for partitioing the RAID (minimun 2 partitions, maximum 4)?
• How to go about this. Should I use disk utility to partition logic drive? There does not seems to be any option in Promise Utility for this.
• Can the partition scheme be edited over time (delete, resize, etc.)?
• If partitionig logic drive with RAID leve 5 is OK I am curious how is partitioned data written in the RAID?
I am running OS X (High Sierra)
Any help with this would be appriciated.