Drive Rebuild stuck 70%

• Last Post 3 weeks ago
Jose Rijos posted this 4 weeks ago

We have a Vess R2600ti with Seagate drives 2000nm0023 1.81 TB Last week drive 2 failed. Spare drive did not work because was not configured. Replaced drive with identical one last friday (3 days ago) I checked Saturday and rebuild was 70%, same Sunday and this morning and background. This morning I was able to connect but got stuck and forced me to close the browser, now I have a  

Login failed : The requested service is busy

When trying to re-connect. Tried to ssh, telnet and give me access denied.  

Anybody know how to first, close the connection without hard re-booting? Why taking so long on the rebuild?

Thank you

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
Pradeep Chidambaranath posted this 4 weeks ago

Hi Jose,

If you get the error message the requested service is busy while logging in then the only option is to reboot the unit to refresh the connection. Kindly reboot the unit and check if you are able to login to GUI. Kindly generate a complete subsystem report after logging in to the GUI.

Kindly login to the web interface of the unit and follow the below steps to save the complete subsystem report.   1. Click Save Service Report in the Header.   Information for the report is gathered and compiled. This action takes up to a few minutes, depending on the size of your RAID system.   2. Click the Save File option, then click the Save button. The report saves to your Host PC as a compressed HTML file.

Please to https://support.promise.com to create a support ticket with the complete subsystem report for further investigation.

Regards
Pradeep C

Jose Rijos posted this 4 weeks ago

How you "Kindly" reboot the unit and check if you are able to login without using WebPam, ssh, telnet, etc? In the middle of a rebuild?

Richard Oettinger posted this 4 weeks ago

Any background activity - such as a rebuild - is tracked by the RAID controller, so if the system is re-started the activity will continue where it left off...

Jose Rijos posted this 3 weeks ago

Discovered you don't have to reboot, just disconnect and reconnect network from the controller and try again. This, forced a network reset and allowed me to connect back. 

Close