Connecting to Mac mini (2018) through Thunderbolt

• Last Post 29 April 2019
Manuel Gonzalez posted this 18 April 2019

Is it possible to connect the Atlas S8 to a Mac directly through Thunderbolt (like I do with the Pegasus)?

I see the Atlas S8 on the network but when I connect to the Mac nothing happens. Its not mounting. The only thing I see is under System Report - Thunderbolt that when I connect the Atlas it displays Thunderbolt Enabled PC under Thuderbolt Bus 0.

Order By: Standard | Latest | Votes
PROMISE Technology Inc. posted this 22 April 2019

Hi Manuel,

The Tunderbolt 3 Atlas S8+ is not a thunderbolt drive. The connection is ethernet over Thunderbolt. The steps to use this are to give the thunderbolt port on your MAC an IP, say 192.168.10.10, and give the Thunderbolt on the Atlas S8+ a different IP on the same subnet, say 192.168.10.20, then use the 'connect to' option in finder to mount any exported storage. The 'connect to' format would be smb://192.168.10.10. You'll have to create a shared folder on the Atlas S8+ first.

Manuel Gonzalez posted this 29 April 2019

I tried that, but its not working.

Another thing. Whe app Im trying to use it with says that the format is not the recommended to store my database file. It says its using afpfs and it should be hfs or apfs for best peforamnce. Its app feel super slow right now when copying data to it. Is there any way to change the format to hsf or apfs?

Close