Can't rebuild raid 5 promise pegasus R4 after upgrading it with larger hard drives

• Last Post 22 May 2019
  • Topic Is Solved
Shamir Fink posted this 17 May 2019

Hi 

I was upgrading my raid 5 system to a larger capacity system (raid 5) R4 unit , somewhere in the process i made Something to the disk array & the logical drive and lost access to the raid pulse i cusses a failure in one disk that was Announced "dead" on the status mode,  but now i had managed to format it again and delete the raid information on This specific drive so the configuration status now is "unconfigured" . important to say that in this process i was Changing the order of the drives and i do not know the original order (if it is an issue ) .......

Bottom line i can't add the formatted disk to the disk array or rebuild the disk array or access to the information on the Disks no matter what i try to do when i click on the rebuild button i get the massage "There is no PD adequate Capacity".

Please Help Me Solve It

Best !!

P B posted this 22 May 2019

• Per your last screenshot, PD ID:3 is unconfigured; therefore, it should allow you to rebuild the sequence.
  • If this is a brand new volume and there is no data on it (or the data is backed up), you might as well start from scratch and configure the array and LD with all (4) drives. 
  • Here is a KB that you can refer to:
  • Without a set of logs, I can't prescribe you the appropriate instructions.

Contact Promise Technology Support
Need more help? Save time by starting your support request online and a technical support agent will be assigned to your case.

Promise Technology Technical Support >

Close