09 January 2017
The easiest way to changing the RAID level or migrating with higher capacity drive is to take backup of the existing data available in the unit and delete & re-create with RAID 6 array because manual migration may take days or may be months.
Please find the below step for manual array creation or (Changing the RAID)
- Open Promise Utility
- Unlock it by clicking on the padlock located at the bottom left of the window.
- Click on 'Disk array' tab and delete it after making a BACKUP of your contents on the volume.
- Click on 'Background Activities' tab and select 'settings' below.
- Change 'Background synchronization rate' to 'High' and hit 'Confirm'.
- Click on the 'wizard' option next to 'Dashboard' on the Promise Utility window.
- Choose 'Advanced', give a name for the 'Disk Array', choose the 'drives' you want to be apart of the Array and hit 'Next'.
- ON The 'Create Logical Drive' screen, name your 'Logical Drive', Select the 'RAID Level', select 'Add' & hit 'Next'.
- (If require) Now select 'Next' on the 'Create Spare Drive Screen' and then 'SUBMIT' & 'FINISH'.
The synchronization process would now start and will take 10-12 hours to complete, you could check the status of the same under background activities.