I have a 5-Drive Raid in a pegasus R6. Now I want to add a sixth drive to the raid. Can I add it without loosing data or do I need to build the array from scratch?!
Adding spare drive
- 372 Views
- Last Post 11 January 2022
Could you please create a support case at support.promise.com and then attach the subsystem report so we can check and help you further.
Steps to save the subsystem report :
1) Open Promise Utility.
2) Click subsystem information icon on the top of the window.
3) Click the lock symbol on the left bottom corner of the screen to unlock the utility.
4) Click on save service report button to save the subsystem report and attach it to this case.
Please create a websupport ticket by logging into support.promise.com and attach the report to the case.
I created a ticket but the websupport didn´t really answer my question. they told me how to do it. But I wanted to know if I loose data on the drive, when I add a spare. also I wanted to know if the drive is more effective, if I do it from scratch.
I cannot answer directly to the websupport. This is really roundabout.
Follow the below steps to make the changes.
1. Launch Promise Utility and unlock it.
2. Click on settings for that drive and change it to "Unconfigured" and Confirm the Settings.
3. Click on Dashboard - Create Spare Drive.
4. Choose "Revertible" and "Global" in the Window
5. In the Create Spare Drive diagram, select the drive you want to choose for your spare .
6. Click Submit and then Finish.
7. You can navigate to "Physical Drive" Tab to confirm if its created correctly.
Note : This does not cause any data loss in the existing array
Ok, thank you. Would the drive be faster if I confgure it from scratch with all 6 discs?
- All Categories
- General Discussion
- Atlas Family
- Apollo Cloud Family
- VTrak Family
- Vess Family
- FileCruiser Family
- Pegasus Family
- SANLink Family
- Legacy Product